Thursday, September 17, 2009

To Wake or Not

I say not to waking up a sleeping baby. I know that it is common for people to say don't wake them up if they are asleep. And I agree for the most part. HOWEVER, one of the leading sleep experts say, wake if they have slept longer than x amount of time b/c it will cause problems sleeping later in the day. And that author in their twin book, says if one wakes, wake the other. And that the morning nap should be short!!!!My girls have been asleep since 730 but they were up at 530 this morning. My philosophy has been let them sleep and then within a reasonable time frame wake the other if need be. That is ONLY time I would say wake a baby.

It is interesting on how sensitive a subject sleep is. I think this may be one subject that gets a lot of attention!

My girls are up now after sleeping on and off for almost 3 hours! They are growing little munchkins and sleep is where they get the job done! Now off for a walk with the lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment